The following equipment is mandatory to have with you during the entire race:
1. Race map – provided upon registration (this is not scaled).
2. Veterinary handbook – provided during registration.
3. Magnetic compass.
4. Snow shovel of good quality.
5. Sheath knife – minimum 9 cm blade.
6. Sleeping bag for winter conditions. The bag must be approved for temperatures below
7. Sleeping pad (minimum 0,5 x 1,8 meters).
8. Extreme wind sack, minimum 1,200 grams. (Jerven, Helsport fjellduk or similar).
Alternative tent for winter use and a “regular” wind sack.
9. Extra change of clothes – jacket and pants protecting from wind and chills, base layer,
beanie/hat, glove and sock
o For Nome style also replaceable boot liner or winter boots.
o For pulka style also extra soles and bivouac shoes – example Hellsport Bivuaksko, Fischer Overboot Speedlock or similar.
10. First aid kit for both musher and dogs. Minimum Vet-Flex, plaster, pressure bandage
and sports tape. Preparations that are doping classed according to the Swedish anti
doping regulations are not allowed. NOTE! The Swedish regulations are stricter
than the common anti-doping regulations of the IFSS.
11. Plastic bag for garbage
12. Headlamp, plus extra batteries.
13. Reflex, provided during registration. It has to sit on the sled / pulka throughout the
14. Matches in waterproof packaging.
15. Spirits / petrol / kerosone stove or similar that works in cold weather. Gas stove is not
16. Fuel enough to complete the race safely. 0.5 liters shall be brought back to the finish.
17. Kettle with containers to heat at least 0.5 liters / dog (only in Nome style).
18. Drop dog lines / wires. To be able to drop one or more dogs at the checkpoint, the
musher has to have at least as many drop dog lines/wires as the number of dogs the
team can be reduced with.
19. Four socks per dog out of each checkpoint.
20. Participants should have food for themselves and the dogs to be able to complete the
21. Emergency rations – 0.5 kg per dog in a sealed bag which must be unopened to the
22. Emergency rations to the musher, a package of freeze-dried food must be unopened to
24. Brake pad in Nome style.
25. Brake, both in pulka and Nome style.
26. In all Nome classes there must be two snow hooks on the sled.
27. Thermos, at least 1 liter.
The Race Committee may, at any time during the race control the mandatory equipment. Everything brought from the start has to be brought to the finish, or used in an appropriate manner during the race.